As your Eco-Friendly Realtor, please allow me to share some tips and resources to GO GREEN! These tips and resources can help the ENVIRONMENT, your overall HEALTH, and SAVE YOU $$$. Please take advantage and view some of the resources that are provided below and if you would like a complete GO GREEN Resource Guide, send me an email at Wendy@WendyFrench.com or give me a call at (970) 692-2000. I am here to help.
- Use a Whole House Integrated Air Filtration System with a HEPA Filter
- Choose Cleaning Products That Don’t Contain Toxic Chemicals
- Select Paints and Wood Finishes With Few or No VOC’s (volatile organic compounds)
- Organic Landscaping: Look For Organic Natural Fertilizers and Pest Control Products.
- Eliminate Harsh Pesticides
- Install Low Flow Plumbing Fixtures (toilets, showerheads…). They Save Water and Keep Money From Going Down The Drain
- In the Spring/Summer, water before 10:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m. so that there is less water evaporation.
- Most Homes Leak! - Tight Construction, Insulation, and High Performance Windows are Key!
- Check for Holes and Gaps in Walls, Roofs, Foundations, Doors and Windows
- Weather Stripping and Caulking Can Reduce Your Heating Bill By 10-25%
- Insulation is the Least Expensive “Insurance” to Reduce Winter Heat Loss and Summer Heat Gain Energy
- Efficient Appliances; Look for Energy Star Labels When Purchasing Appliances to Help The Environment AND Save Money!
- Replace Old Incandescent Bulbs With Compact Fluorescent Bulbs One CFL Can Save $15 Annually (Rocky Mountain Institute)
- Install a Programmable Thermostat
- Salvage or Donate All Eligible Scrap/Waste Materials from Construction or Remodeling—Minimize What’s Dumped
- Recycle your Newspapers, Glass, & Cans